We’re looking for someone to join the team at For Purpose!
People with lived experience of disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Because we think that someone with lived experience of disability should be leading advocacy for people with disabilities.
- People with disabilities can find it harder to get work than others, for no good reason. Many we have spoken and worked with say they have given up applying because they have been knocked back too many times. As employers we want to let everyone know they should apply for positions at For Purpose, we will consider everyone, and that we will do all we can to remove any barriers to getting the best person in the job, regardless.
- The richness of our team increases with our diversity - we do a better job for our clients with a range of voices, experiences, and skills at the table.
We recognise the barriers that people with disabilities face in finding employment, and proactively try to lower these barriers.
So if this sounds like you:
- You’re passionate about accessibility for all;
- You enjoy working in a team, motivating and supporting others to take meaningful action;
- You have experience successfully organising groups of volunteers;
- You’re comfortable working remotely, and are self-driven;
- You’re familiar with the Google suite, and are confident using Skype/Zoom for conference calls.
And you can get bonus points if:
- You can demonstrate knowledge of organising theory;
- You’re familiar with the Access Matters campaign;
- You have experience using NationBuilder or a similar member engagement platform.
then please think about applying.
Here's the key details:
Role: Organiser - Business Outreach (short-term contract)
Organisation: Working on the Access Matters campaign, contracted to For Purpose
Part-time and remote work - 5-10 hours per week
Rate: To be negotiated based on skills and experience
Applications open: 5th March 2019
Applications due: 21st March 2019
Start date: ASAP
End Date: This contract is until the end of June 2019 but may continue.
About the Role:
Access Matters is looking for a part-time Organiser to support our volunteers to make a difference, and work towards New Zealand introducing accessibility legislation.
To introduce accessibility legislation, government needs to see support from businesses. Our volunteer “Business Liaisons” are starting to have conversations with all kinds of businesses, and ask for their support for a fully accessible Aotearoa. You will support the Business Liaison team, by ensuring they have the resources, skills and confidence to reach out to businesses. This will involve connecting with volunteers on a regular basis, probably through fortnightly group meetings, as well as one-on-one conversations.
This role is part-time and can be done remotely - all you need is access to a phone and a computer.
About Access Matters:
We believe that every New Zealander should be able to fully participate in society, have the opportunity to learn, to get a job, and to take part in community and social life. Without government action to ensure all businesses, buildings, and services are accessible, one in four of us continue to be excluded from accessing or fully participating in parts of life that other Kiwis take for granted.
It doesn’t need to be this way. This government could introduce accessibility legislation to implement minimum standards and put accessibility at the heart of an inclusive Aotearoa. Accessibility law will open the door so that EVERYONE, disabled and non-disabled, benefits from the contributions of us all.
The Access Matters campaign is run by the Access Alliance - a group of disability advocacy organisations. For Purpose (the host organisation) supports the campaign by providing campaign advice and services.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Coordinate the efforts of a group of 10-30 volunteers, using digital tools (email, phone, Zoom/Skype meetings, Google suite;
- Mentor and support volunteers, and identify and bridge any skills gaps;
- Communicate on a frequent basis with each volunteer, and join weekly (remote) meetings with the For Purpose / Access Matters Campaign team.
Send us your cv if you are interested in applying- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can apply online at Do Good Jobs